Thanks for visiting my website! Here are a few quick facts about me:
* Author of poems, stories and books for children and young adults. Published by Dial, Viking, Simon and Schuster, HarperCollins Australia and Cricket Magazine.
* MFA in Fiction/Creative Writing from Southern CT State University.
* Author of short stories that have appeared in Noctua Review, CT Review, Drunk Monkeys, Los Angeles Review of Los Angeles, Writing Disorder and Coe Review.
* Teacher of fiction writing for Southern CT State University, The Mark Twain House Museum and Gotham Writer's Workshop.
* Mentor for the Afghan Women's Writing Project and the ROYA Mentorship Program.
* Publisher of Afghan Voices -- work written by Afghans for an English speaking audience.
* Wife, mother, grandmother, sister, stepsister, sister-in-law, stepdaughter, aunt, great-aunt, niece, cousin and friend.