I never know what to put on this page. I want to tell you about myself, but I don't know how to do so without being so boring that you fall asleep mid-sentence. Since I'm a fiction writer, I could practice here and make stuff up about myself in the hopes of keeping you reading with cliffhangers and tension and maybe, if I'm very lucky, funny dialgoue, and while I might manage to entertain you, you still wouldn't know anything about me.
So, instead, here are a few quick facts about me -- mostly the writer part of me:
1) Author of poems, stories and books for children and young adults. Published by Dial, Viking, Simon and Schuster, HarperCollins Australia and Cricket Magazine.
2) MFA in Fiction/Creative Writing from Southern CT State University.
3) Author of short stories that have appeared in Noctua Review, CT Review, Drunk Monkeys, Los Angeles Review of Los Angeles and Writing Disorder.
4) Teacher of fiction writing for Southern CT State University, The Mark Twain House Museum and Gotham Writer's Workshop.
5) Mentor for the Afghan Women's Writing Project and the ROYA Mentorship Program.
6) Publisher of Afghan Voices -- work written by Afghans for an English speaking audience.
So there you have it, the facts. Oh, and I'm also a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, stepsister, sister-in-law, stepdaughter, aunt, great-aunt, niece, cousin and friend.